What Our Endorsement Means
- Candidates can say they are endorsed by the PCNCDP.
- Candidates can use PCNCDP approved endorsement logos, official name, and any prepared statement (optional) from the Caucus.
- PCNCDP will provide a graphical asset kit for endorsed candidates, with social media posts authored by the Endorsement Action Team
- Feature endorsed candidates on the website
- Eligibility for possible campaign contribution, as well as Caucuswide calls for volunteers towards endorsed campaigns and their events (canvasses, phonebanks, postcard writers). Featured at Caucus organized Town Halls, online and in-person whenever in-person events are possible again.
Applying for Endorsement
To apply, please create a short document and email it to [email protected]. The document can be in any common format, e.g., Word, PDF, or text in the body of your email.
Please state your name, the office for which you are running, your email, contact phone number, website and social media sites, and, where applicable, you campaign manager’s contact info. Please provide a short bio.
Also, please answer these questions:
- Why do you want the endorsement of the PCNCDP?
- Why do you consider yourself politically Progressive?
- Do you support the Caucus’s platform?
- What are your top three areas of concern and what are your plans for them?
- Is America in a good place right now? And what about North Carolina?
- Why are you running?
- Why are you the best candidate for the position? Please also list any boards, organizations, and volunteer activities that you are a part of in your answer.
- How can the Caucus help your campaign?
Application Review Process
The Endorsement Committee will review all applications and forward recommendations to the Executive Committee.
- Application to be reviewed by the Endorsement Committee as soon as possible.
- Interviews, if any, to be conducted by the Endorsement Committee.
- Selected applications to be immediately forwarded to the Executive Committee for a vote.
- Rejected applications to be immediately forwarded to the Executive Committee.
- Candidates to be notified by the Executive Committee of all decisions within 10 calendar days.
- Our endorsement applies to the current election cycle only.
- Applicants rejected by the Endorsement Committee can appeal to the Executive Committee. (The appeals process tbd).
- PCNCDP reserves the right to withdraw endorsements.
Endorsement Action Team
We have created an Endorsement Action Team. Its main functions are:
- Review submitted applications.
- Where appropriate or necessary, interview candidates requesting endorsement.
- Recommend selected candidates for endorsement to the Executive Committee.
- Develop a permanent endorsement process for elections beyond the 2020 general election.
- Review and amend our endorsement process based on experience in the 2020 general election.